Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Adam Savage


Adam Savage has been one of my heroes for years now.  It started off with watching "Mythbusters" and seeing him building objects to test myths.  I always found it fascinating when he would make a fake human body out of Ballistic gel and then turn around and make an air chamber.   It was the range of items he could make that made me love watching him.  As a maker I wanted this kind of flexibility to make whatever I can dream of.  A few years ago I was looking into him and found a lecture he had given at TED called "How Simple Ideas Lead To Scientific Discoveries".  I loved the lecture because it made it seem possible for someone like me to make scientific discoveries.  I have always been interested in science but without a lab and a bunch of letters after my name it seemed like I couldn't contribute.  I was thrilled to find that he had given a lecture at the BoingBoing Ingenuity theatrical event.  In that speech he gave his "10 Rules to Sucess".  I found all the rules interesting and thought provoking.  Rule 9 "Fail" really is important to me because the fear of failure has kept me back too many times and I need to remember it's important to fail.  He also gave a funny and great lecture on failure at Defcon 17.   Poking around for this post I found another lecturer called  "My Obsession With Wbjects and The Stories They Tell".  I can't encourage you enough to explore these links and listen to what Adam has to say.

  Adam if you happen too ever read this, thank you for all works and sharing what you have learned with the world.




































No comments:

Post a Comment