Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

lumber cart


  I needed a place to keep my scrap wood so I built this cart.   Over the past few years I have collected a bunch of scrap.  Some are from projects I have done and some I came across.  It's amazing how you can find free wood around.  I have collected wood from pallets and I got really lucky when my neighbor moved out and he gave me all his plywood.  Always ask permission but once you start looking around you will find wood all around you.

The back section is for plywood and just a panel to lean it against.  The front is for small pieces which I might sub divide more.  I made it up as I went along so I don't have a drawing or anything.  The best thing I did was get two swivel wheels and two straight wheels.  They cost me about $3 a piece from harbor freight.  I can move it fully loaded with two fingers.  It allows me to pull the cart out and use my table saw.  I use to move my table saw out each time I wanted it but it weighs a ton.  







No comments:

Post a Comment